Thursday, August 27, 2020

8-21-2020

 Well, it's 4:15am and guess who is wide awake?  Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night.  I was in bed by 9:50pm, but was wide awake at 3:15am.  Luckily the nurse who was in my room was understanding.  She asked if it was weird having someone sit at the foot of your bed all night.  I mean, how would you feel if you had to sleep with a complete stranger sitting at the foot of your bed watching you all night?   Not exactly the best way to get a good nights sleep.    I told her that it is indeed slightly unsettling.  

So what to do now?  Can't do laundry or shower until 6am.  Breakfast isn't until 7:30am.   So here I sit.  I'm almost positive that I'm the only one in this unit that is awake right now.  The ironic part is that I took something to help me sleep last night and here I am..   Kinda backfired on me didn't it?  This is one of those situations where I wish I had my phone, I could mindlessly scroll through Facebook or the internet for a couple of hours until things get moving here.  You have a lot of free time here which is both good and bad.  Good because it has given me the opportunity to write again, but, bad because I can't write forever and end up with a lot of downtime.  Downtime leads to thinking a lot and sometimes that can be not so good.  Case in point was last night.  I wrote my last piece around 6 or 7pm.  After that I had nothing to do, no groups, no visitors, and I wasn't feeling writing anymore at that point.  So what did I do?  I went to the day room and watched Jeopardy with a couple of people, I actually tried to sit down and color for a little while but couldn't focus on it so I stopped, I tried reading a book but my attention span was shot at that point.  All of those things mentioned only managed to kill about an hour.  Pretty sad huh?  

Around 9pm they open up the dining room for snacks.  Another guy and I ended up raiding the place,  Cereal, ice cream, sandwiches...  We just sat at a table and talked for almost an hour and ate.  They ended up kicking us out of them room so they could close it up and at that point I decided to head for bed.  A decision that clearly did not work out too well for me.  But, what can you do?   I don't think today will be too tough, and I can always catch a nap during my downtime.  

I think I'm going to go lay down and rest for a little while.  I'll write more later.


Until Then,

Be Well....

No comments:

Post a Comment