Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time In A Bottle...

Random Fact: I like Jim Croce.   Hey all!!  It's been a minute since I've last blogged but there is a perfectly good reason for this...  I didn't have internet..  Sometimes bills come before luxuries so the internet had to be shelved for a minute.  Or a month depending on your sense of time...    Being without the internet sadly was one of the toughest things..  And that IS sad.  I mean, I think back to when I was a kid and we didn't have the internet or computers and I was just fine.  I had my Nintendo, and I was outside from sun up to sundown and was never bored.  Now, the internet goes down and there's this emptiness like you've lost touch with the world.  Which in many aspects I did.  I use it as a way to communicate with family and friends, get my news, sports and weather and music.   Not to mention I missed my blog.  I know blogging is lame but I like to blog and I like to share stories and my life.  

And just because I haven't been online to blog doesn't mean I've stopped thinking of it.  I actually took pen to paper when an idea struck me to blog about and I'd jot down the idea and some background thoughts and then put it away.  So upstairs in my portfolio I have about 7-8 blog ideas ready to go.  Which means I should be updating pretty frequently here for awhile.  And it's kinda nice because the ideas are already there ready to go.  I just need to refresh my memory and go.  Most likely I'll hit a topic and wonder what the heck I was thinking and drop it but hey, if I can get 4-5 good blogs from it I'll be happy.

We're in January now, the last post I left you with was about a little boy named Dax who passed away far to early from cancer and wanted nothing more than one last Christmas with his family.  He was the inspiration for Micheal West to write the song One Last Christmas about him.  His story is amazing, please check out my prior blog if you want to know more about him and his foundation.   But anyway, I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and that Santa was good to you.  I tell you, Christmas never gets old when you have little kids.  Watching Caleb tear into packages and discover things he had asked Santa for is something I could never get tired of watching.  And the twins this year were at the stage where they didn't get the concept of Santa but they sure as heck grasped the concept of getting new toys..  It was so awesome to watch them rip into presents and each one was met with an excited "ohhhh" or "woooow'  or " look at this!!"   You can't buy moments like this..  Well, I guess technically you can but you can't beat those kinds of moments and reactions.  I don't know if I'm a weird parent who over thinks but I'm already dreading the time when Christmas loses it's magic for Caleb.  I hope and pray that the magic is replaced by understanding of Jesus and a new found reason to celebrate the season.  It's taken on a whole new meaning for me since getting attending church and small group.  And not only that presents (while nice) have been replaced by family and spending time with them and enjoying everyone being around each other.   I've come to like spending time with my family and seeing them.

Well, hate to cut this short but I hear crying twins upstairs...  More soon!!


Until Then, Be Well..
Rob










No comments:

Post a Comment