Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello Darkness My Old Friend....

Part of my like for blogging comes from trying to think of a song title or lyric that goes along with my topic for said blog.. Today's lyric comes to you courtesy of The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel a group while really too young to remember, I've grown to like them very much despite Garfunkel looking like a clown school reject in most of his album covers.

Anyway, today has been one of the most stressful days I've experienced in some time.  I won't go into details but just leave it at we're struggling very badly financially and for whatever reason today it hit me the wrong way and sent me into what I'm pretty sure was some form of nervous breakdown.  I became numb, my hands went numb, face was numb, shaking and just an overall feeling of hopelessness that I never want to feel again.  I've never experienced something like this on this level before.  I've had moments of extreme stress where I felt sick or hopeless or lost.  But this is the first time I just completely shutdown and went numb literally.  I'm starting to gather that I don't handle stress as well as I once thought I did.  A bomb technician would not be a good career for me..  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a nervous wreck who's teetering on edge.  But I'm just to my breaking point on this whole financial rollercoaster that we've been on for years now.  And I no longer know what to do about it. 

So what am I doing?  Sitting here blogging and listening to Simon and Garfunkel...  Not entirely sure it's the exact answer to what's going on but it's what's keeping me calm at the moment.  Just me, Simon, Garfunkel and our Bridge Over Troubled Waters....  

Prayers are greatly appreciated right now.  I don't know what the answer is, I don't know what to do next, I just need some guidance and direction.  Actually, I need money but I don't foresee a lump sum of money turning up on my doorstep so I'll settle for answers or direction on where to go and where to turn.

Gordon Lightfoot is now Edmund Fitzgeralding on my playlist...  Haunting song, depressing song, one of those songs that kinda sends chills down the spine...   

Anyway, I'll wrap up my pity party with Cecila by Simon and Garfunkel.  

Next blog will be more up to speed.

Until then, Take Care and remember that Cecilia is breaking my heart and shaking my confidence daily..

Rob

2 comments:

  1. Phil's message today will help. Go to the church website (jaxnaz.com)and go to the messages tab. There, you can download the mp3. Carol usually has the messages posted on Sunday evening.

    In the meantime, try "Take Heart" by Hillsong United and "No Chains" by Chris Tomlin and while you listen, know that He has overcome and has lifted your chains so that your heart may be free.

    In Him, brother,

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, I will do that. I'm actually listening to the songs as I type this out. I don't want my blog to come off as whiny or pity party-ish. I just didn't know what to do or how to deal with that type of reaction I had that day.

      Delete